It is important that international organisations acknowledge the very real risks that poor mental health poses to their staff and projects.
High levels of stress caused by intense working conditions, proximity to extreme suffering, and the inherent dangers of field work means that international workers are at high risk of suffering burnout. Those that experience trauma can be left with long term psychological scars, or PTSD.
We believe that wellbeing shouldn’t be viewed in isolation. Rather, it must be integrated in broader health, safety, and security policies and practices. Working with our sector leading partners, ILS can offer a range of services at all stages of the risk management cycle which allow our clients to address the mental health needs of those working internationally or in high-risk locations.
- Discover: review organisational need and provision around wellbeing and mental health safety
- Development: develop policies, procedures, tools and resources that support wellbeing
- Implement: help to embed good working practices and an appropriate wellbeing culture are adopted
- Assure: support good systems and programmes
- Field Resilience and Stress Management Online Training, a 3hr instructor-led course
- Standalone modules on our Travel Safety & Security and Personal Safety Awareness Training online courses
- Telehealth services - in Partnership with SafeHaven Trauma Centre.
- Critical Incident Stress Management